Grant Imahara Death Cause Grant Imahara died from Brain Aneurysm
We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.💔 https://t.co/AqiW4zQxD1
— MythBusters (@MythBusters) July 14, 2020
I am devastated at the loss of my friend @grantimahara & it took me some time to put my thoughts together. I decided to write him a letter & have decided to share it with you so you could know what a caring, empathetic man he truly was. pic.twitter.com/q2QGjRuB3r
— Matthew Key (@TheMattKey) July 14, 2020
The following are some tributes posted on social media to honor the life and the legacy of the deceased.
- I loved Grant on Mythbusters. My favorite and I will still laugh at it to this day is when the strapped him into the spinning chair with a a tennis ball touching his head. I never saw someone turn so green before.
- It is a sad day in the tech world with his loss. It would be an honor to his name if you developed a hydraulic powered car. Plus a good show topic to show the smarts of the team while designing like a Mythbusters show.Its great to to hear Richard that you hold Grant in such high regard without knowing him. It is a pity he didn’t make it to your shop. It would have been interesting to say the least. Thanks Richard for all you do. RIP Grant you will be missed.
- Oh that has truly knocked the wind out of my sails!! Although I never knew Grant I loved the way he showed that engineering could be FUN!! I’m an engineer coming to the end of my working life and I hoped that his example could encourage young people to…
- I hope this isn’t a trend for the cast of Mythbusters. So sad to loose 2 former cast members in the last year or so. It hasn’t been that long ago Jesse Combs passed. She was on the early years of Mythbusters.Greatness is hard to come by, seams he was loved and respected by many, I’ve always admired and respected the hard work you’ve put in , it’s pretty cool to see greatness appreciate greatness, God bless Richard, I’m so sorry for the loss
- Man… It´s so sad to know about it, I was a super Myth Busters fan, i didn´t miss a single episode here in México, he was so talented and an extremely important part the crew. I even saw “White Rabbit Project” on Netflix. so sorry.
- Grant made the world fall in love with him with his robotics,and his personality shined through into our living rooms, and those of us who were into the science and robotics stuff, just loved how he was willing to share his work with everyone.
- So sad. This has always been one of my favorite shows. Watch the series on Hulu literally all the time. Grant was an amazing person and had a great personality. He will be truly missed.